We’re a leading Essex-based independent bus operator, running modern fleet on a mixture of local bus and school services. Our drivers are key to our success and are crucial to our reputation for great customer service.
Stephensons are expanding and we often have vacancies for PCV licence holders with a valid Driver CPC card at our Rochford, Haverhill, Maldon, Boreham and Braintree depots.
Alternatively, if you can offer excellent customer service skills and have a clean car driving licence, we may consider you for entry to our Training Academy to gain your PCV licence qualification.
We offer competitive rates of pay, varied driving duties to suit your lifestyle and a friendly working atmosphere.
BUS DRIVERS (PCV)
Braintree, Boreham, Maldon, Rochford, Haverhill
If you want to be part of a small team at one of our local depots driving our regular customers to school, work or the shops, and can deliver service with a smile, then get in touch. You’ll need to have or gain a PCV licence, and the ability to obtain a DBS clearance to drive school services. It’s also essential you’re reliable and enthusiastic. Due to expansion, we’ve got vacancies at most of our depots.
In exchange for your commitment, we offer:
- 4 or 5 day minimum working week (depending on depot)
- Work that gives you a social life (typically our shifts start no earlier than 6 am, and are finished by around 8 pm, with no scheduled Sunday work)
- Company uniform, free Transport Benevolent Fund membership (after qualifying service),
- Travel concessions
- £10.40 per hour including performance bonus, with plenty of hours for those who want them!
- Small depots and rotas where you’re a name, not a number, working for a local company.
- We also have part-time/casual positions.
If you think we might get on with each other, call 01702 541511, or click below to download an application form. We’ve usually got immediate vacancies.
Please download, complete and post the following forms to:
Stephensons of Essex Ltd, Riverside Industrial Estate, South Street, Rochford, Essex. SS4 1BS
Driver CPC – important notes:
New drivers will receive their Driver Qualification Card once they pass their test
Following changes to the law in 2013, to be a bus driver you need a valid driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) in addition to a current PCV Licence. Obtaining a CPC involves up to 35 hours approved training. If you have been out of the industry some time, but still hold your PCV Licence, we can assist you in obtaining your CPC.