Location: Boreham & Haverhill
Payrate: Competitive rates of pay.
Working: 5 days out of 7.
Join us as a Bus Mechanic, and we’ll take your engineering skills to the next level. we are looking for a fully qualified Mechanic/Technician with previous experience and knowledge of PCV/HGV vehicles.
For helping keep our fleet on the road, you’ll earn a good salary.
We’d love to hear from if you have a minimum Level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2).
About the role
We are looking for Mechanics who are fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems, engines, gear boxes and hydraulics
Ideally you will also have experience using workshop equipment such as brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, washing systems and testing equipment.
In this role you will:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable
- Attend on-road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary, to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair
We’ll supply all PPE.
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
- A basic electrical understanding
- A PCV licence isn’t essential, however we can support you in gaining it.
Rewards & Benefits
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Free onsite parking
- 4 weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
Please apply now, by emailing your CV to our Fleet engineer Mark@stephensonsofessex.com
We look forward to receiving your application.