BUS SERVICES SAVED!
Local independent bus operator Stephensons, which runs services between Haverhill and Bury, and from Bury to Mildenhall and Newmarket, has announced that it will be stepping in to save the following bus services:
- Service 8A – March to Cottenham
- Service 9A – Ely Circular via City Centre
- Service 11 – Newmarket to Cambridge via Stow cum Quy
- Service 12 – Newmarket to Cambridge, fast service via Bottisham
- Service 12A – Newmarket Circular
- Service 112 (formerly 12) – Newmarket to Ely via Soham
- Service X16 – Newmarket to Bury St Edmunds
Our full guide (with maps) to our new services in Newmarket & Cambridge is available here
Printable timetables for all the above services are now available here
This follows the announcement by Stagecoach that it will be withdrawing the routes after 30th October.
Managing Director Bill Hiron explained
“Following a review of usage, and discussions with the relevant local authorities, I am delighted to confirm that we will continue to operate the services listed above. We are still in discussions with both Suffolk County Council and the Cambridge & Peterborough Combined Authority over certain details, but will publish the full timetables as soon as possible. We recognise the importance of this link to the communities served, and are pleased to be able to step in”